Saturday 20 January 2018

Gold Charms - Thomas Sabo vs. Pandora

Hi everyone welcome to the first instalment of our comparison reviews. Today we'll be taking a look at Thomas Sabo karma charms versus Pandora essence. Alright, now let's take a look at the jewellery. So as you can see, I’ve got my stack on right now and I’ve got the Pandora essence here, my Pandora bangle with all my lucky charms. The Thomas Sabo karma gold charms and another Pandora essence bracelet, as you can tell the Thomas Sabo blends in really well. The charms are about the same size as the Pandora. Now let's take a look at how they compare together.

The clasps are the same, so they open the same way. The Thomas Sabo chain is different than the Pandora essence. It's got this box link system. Take a closer look at that and it's very flexible, so I’m never afraid that it's going to get a kink or break or anything like that. The Pandora essence of course is a thinner version of the regular snake chain. It's relatively delicate, so I don't mess with it too much. It's still very fluid though so it can bend a lot more than the regular bracelet can. Alright so again the karma charms, they do not have stoppers or anything like that inside, so they do slip around a lot. So I highly recommend getting these stoppers at the end. At least one on each end, so that they don't fall off the bracelet. It's especially dangerous when you unclasp the bracelet and then all the charms can get everywhere.

Alright, so let's take a look at these charms. So again if you don't have, if you don't have the starbursts at the end will just fall off like that and that would be pretty heartbreaking if they fell on the floor. The Pandora essence has a stopper core inside, it is close up of that so that catches on the bracelet and holds four it holds pretty well. I haven't had problems with them moving too much, but they still do move around a little bit. Now this Thomas Sabo bracelet collection came out a little over a month ago and the Pandora essence is still also relatively new, it came out last fall. Stores, concept stores have had these since fall last year but other different types of stores are just now getting these in stock and that'll be in April. So if you haven't been able to see them, if you don't have a concept store near you, your chance will be coming up.

So I ended up getting two of the essence bracelets already, you can fill them up all the way, but I generally like to just fill them in with a few. I've kind of maxed out at six on each of my bracelets so I might end up getting more if more charms come out that I want. Alright so a lot of you ladies are curious as to how these are compatible or if they are. The Pandora essence obviously does not fit on the Thomas Sabo, because as you can see the stopper core prevents it from going in. However it does fit the other way around and the Thomas Sabo charms, you know they are, they do vary a little bit in size.

So you've got the bigger open works versus the smaller charms, they are all hollow so they're really light. So the entire bracelet is very light, I would say comparatively the Pandora essence feels heavier. One of my favourite charms is the karma life logo. All right that one's really cool, I really like that one a lot. All right, so the Pandora essence of course they pull off just like that and then they you put them back just like threading a needle. So I’m just going to take all these off and combine them with the Thomas Sabo karma charms for a great look and this way you actually get some fluid movement. As well as the stoppers stopping them in place, so I actually think this is a really good combination.

I'm just going to put a few on here, the only problem with the Thomas Sabo line is that I don't really have any stores around me, so I actually had to get my bracelets from overseas. I got these at Joshua James from the UK, there's no shipping restrictions though so they do ship outside of the UK and that's how it looks together. It looks actually pretty great, so I’m relatively happy with combining them but for the sake of, you know, keeping all the brand separate, I do have a little bit of OCD about that, so I do tend to segregate my brand lines. Otherwise the clasps are relatively similar, the karma charms class is perhaps a shade, let's get to focus in on that, is perhaps a shade bigger than the Pandora essence. It's not that close for you to see and I would say the Thomas Sabo is a little more difficult to get on, just because the knob, the latch at the end, does not catch as well.

So that always gives me a little bit of trouble but not too much. Whereas the Pandora clasp really well and then you can see it stays in place. All right, so all in all, I really like both these brands. I've never really been interested in Thomas Sabo until now between the high prices and their traditional dangled brick charm bracelet. I haven't really, you know, nothing's really caught my eye from that brand but I was really excited about the karma charms collection because you know it is a European style charm bracelet and the price points pretty reasonable. From the charms are usually about $25 to $125, of course depending on how much bling it has and detailing and silver of course. They also come in different finishes like gold and rose gold, which Pandora does not offer and of course they have cz’s as well.

The Pandora essence, the charms are you know semi-precious gemstones as well as silver and then detailed with cz’s. There's some really pretty designs, but I kind of do a combination of picking aspirations I like, characteristics I like and also are that a reflective of me and also ones that have pretty design. So and that's it for the comparison between the Thomas Sabo karma charms and the Pandora essence collection. If you have any other questions head on over to the blog and post them there. Otherwise I hope this was helpful and I’ll see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment